We have to require deposits and levy cancellation charges in order to cover all the costs we may incur before the start of a tour including cancellation fees from hotels, cancellation charges from other service providers, etc.
- In the cancellation policies below, the term “refund” = refund from total trip price = Cancellation Charge.
- All Refunds for cancelation by customers are subject to the policies below plus the related payment fees. For credit card payments, the payment fee is an additional 3% charge to cover the credit card company commission costs, which we still pay even when providing a refund.
- Refund methods, timings, and tour rescheduling are covered in the Refund Policy
Except where otherwise expressly stated in this Cancellation Policy, we cannot accept liability or pay any compensation if our contractual obligations to you are affected by “Force Majeure”. For the purposes of this Cancellation Policy, Force Majeure means any event beyond our or our supplier’s control, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all reasonable measures had been taken. Examples include warfare and acts of terrorism (and threat thereof), civil strife, significant risks to human health such as the outbreak of serious disease at the travel destination, or natural disasters such as floods, earthquakes, or weather conditions which make it impossible to travel safely to the travel destination or remain at the travel destination, the act of any government or other national or local authority including port or river authorities, industrial dispute, labour strikes, lock closure, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, chemical or biological disaster, unavoidable technical problems with transport and all similar events outside our or the supplier(s) concerned’s control.
Private Tours & “Group Tours”
Cancellation by you: Private tours and “Group Tours”
46+ Days before the trip – 75% refund
31 – 45 Days before the trip – 50% refund
0 – 30 Days before the trip – no refund
Changes by us: Private tours and “Group Tours”
As we often plan arrangements many months in advance we may occasionally have to make changes to your booking and we reserve the right to do so at any time.
If we make a minor change to your holiday, we will make reasonable efforts to inform you as soon as reasonably possible if there is time before your departure, but we will have no liability to you. Examples of minor changes include a change of accommodation to another of the same or higher standard.
Occasionally we may have to make a significant change to your confirmed arrangements. Examples of “significant changes” include the following, when made before departure:
- A change of accommodation area for the whole or a significant part of your time away.
- A change of accommodation to that of a lower standard or classification for the whole or a significant part of your time away*.
- A significant change to your itinerary, missing out on one or more destination(s) entirely.
If we have to make a significant change, we will tell you as soon as possible and if there is time to do so before departure, we will offer you the choice of:
- (for significant changes) accepting the changed arrangements; or
- having a refund of all monies paid; or
- accepting an offer of alternative travel arrangements of a comparable or higher standard from us, if available (at no extra cost); or
- if available, accepting an offer of alternative arrangements of a lower standard, with a refund of the price difference between the original arrangements and the alternative arrangements.
You must notify us of your choice within 7 days of our offer. If we do not hear from you within 7 days, we will contact you again to request a notification of your choice. If you fail to respond again, we will assume that you have chosen to accept the change or alternative booking arrangements.
Cancellation by us: Private tours and “Group Tours”
We will not cancel your travel arrangements less than 30 days before your departure date, except for reasons of force majeure or failure by you to pay the final balance. We may cancel your holiday before this date if, e.g., for “group tours” the minimum number of clients required for a particular travel arrangement has not reached. Group Tour minimum group sizes are stated in the trip notes.
If we have to cancel due to force majeure, we will offer you the choice of:
- A 110% credit of all monies paid (must be used on another tour within one year of the original tour); or
- A full refund of all monies paid minus unrecoverable costs.
If the cancellation due to a Force Majeure occurs after a trip has already started, we will offer you the same choice above on a pro-rata basis.
“Day Adventures” & Transfers
Cancellation by you: “Day Adventures” & Transfers
3+ Days before the trip – 100% refund
0 – 2 Days before the trip – no refund
Cancelation by us: “Day Adventures” & Transfers
We reserve the right to cancel your “Day Adventures” at any time, in which case a full refund of all monies paid will be made to you. Generally, we will not cancel any “Day Trip”(s) within 24 hours of the trip’s start time unless due to exceptional circumstances.
Agent Confirmation & Payment
For agents, we confirm bookings on written confirmation of a new trip with dates. We require a 25% deposit a minimum of 90 days prior to trip departure and full payment by bank transfer a minimum of 30 days prior to trip departure.
Please provide the final rooming list at least 90 days prior to the trip date. If this changes last minute, we may not be able to guarantee the availability of hotels.
Agent Cancelation Policy
90+ Days prior to the trip – full refund
31 – 90 Days prior to the trip – 75% refund (Up to 20% of the group can cancel with no charge
15 – 30 Days prior to the trip – 25% refund
0 – 15 Days before the trip – no refund