Not everyone loves to camp, but glamping is a treat enjoyed by all. Maybe cabins with beautiful views aren’t ‘glamping’ as such, but we think they’re pretty close. A luxury camping experience is certainly what you can find at the Ajloun Reserve.
This camp, nestled in RSCN territory (The Royal Society for the Conservation of Nature and Wild Jordan) offers explorers a true “Evergreen Escape”. Situated in the highlands of North Jordan, rich greenery covers the 13km2 of hill country.
The idyllic location offers an unforgettable get-away. This coupled with the camping facilities is what makes this venue one we knew we needed to recommend to you.
There are different levels of accommodations. If you are looking for a luxury camping experience then the Individual Cabins are a must. Standing on your balcony you will have beautiful views of the green hills as the cabins are surrounded by oak, pistachio and carob trees. Also in your private cabin you will find a spacious bedroom (linen provided) and bathrooms as well as living space with electricity and small refrigerator. The seclusion of the place, far from the noises and business of the city, ensures a restful experience, in a setting of both luxury and phenomenal scenery.
There is an on-site restaurant at the camp site, noted for it’s local and homegrown produce, as well as the Nature Shop, which offers an array of artisan Ajloun handicrafts.
If you can ever bring yourself to leave the delights of the lodge, there are many activities in which you can participate. Be it one of the many year-round guided tours, which take in the flora and fauna of the forest- including Roe deer and orchards aplenty- as well as the historical gems of the place.
Close Historical Sites:
- Mar Elias: Ruins of one of Jordan’s oldest churches, is a place you can relax in the shade with sweet chai (tea), before enjoying a lunch hand-crafted by the locals for you.
- Jerash: Jordan’s second-most important tourist site, as it is widely regarded as one of the finest examples of Roman architecture outside of Rome itself!
Close Cultural Experiences:
- The Soap House is also worth a visit, with its hand-fashioned Orjan soap, created using local olive and essential oils.
- Opposite the camp is the renowned Biscuit House, where visitors can relax and enjoy sweet delicacies handmade by the ladies there.
- As if that wasn’t enough, you can taste of the culture more by partaking in classes of the ancient art of calligraphy: printing fine Arabic script onto leather or silk.
The combination of the fresh-air and stillness, with the variety of activities and sights, topped by the most comfortable stay one could wish for, makes this an experience we could not not recommend to you, our honored customers. It is truly too good to miss.